These are only a few things one should do when visit Santorini Island:
- Visit Oia village and enjoy the sunset with the most magnificent view.
- Shiny pebbles, unique geological formations, black, white and red sand compose the magnificent sceneries of the island’s beaches. Don’t miss them!
- Visit at least one of Santorini‘s wineries and taste the exceptional wines produced from the volcanic grounds of the island.
- Wake up early in the morning and take a walking tour from Fira to Oia following the path on the “eyebrow of the Caldera”.
- Taste the local products: cherry tomatoes, fava, caper, white eggplant, katsouni, vinsanto wine, they will offer a unique taste to your plate.
- Visit the excavations in Akrotiri and Ancient Thira in Kamari.
- No matter if it is by joining an organized excursion, or renting a boat, a cruise to the volcano and the hot springs is really a highlight!
- Go to Ammoudi Bay and eat traditionally cooked fresh fish while enjoying the magical scenery.
- Walk and shop around the traditional paths in Fira till almost the first morning hours of the day and then enjoy a drink at a local bar.
- Ask the locals to show you which church or chapel is celebrating. If you join the festivities, you will dance to the rhythms of the Island folk music, accompanied by local specialties and plenty of wine.